I've been writing this curriculum for over a year and I'm so pleased with how it's turned out! I'm also getting some lovely feedback on the Autumn Curriculum - you can see the reviews here
Age range 3-6 years
At a glance:
- Spring term lesson plans covering Garden Birds and Spring Flowers (7 lessons for the first half term and 6 for the second). The lessons are outlined in the photos above
- Links to the changing seasons
- Links to the new EYFS Development Matters framework for reception aged children (but suitable for younger ages too)
- Detailed plans you can simply pick up and teach from with no prior knowledge of science and nature
- A4 and fully matt laminated for use outside in the elements
- Buy together with Flashcards and get 20% off your cards
Each lesson plan includes:
- Learning aim
- Equipment list
- Lesson activities
- Links to the EYFS curriculum (for reception aged children, but suitable for younger ages)
- Wider opportunities
- Key words
This Science and Nature Curriculum aims to teach life science alongside nature. Any of us who have taught children can attest to their fascination in the natural world. They notice the smallest details that we may miss. They ask questions about nature that we don't know the answers to (because we were never taught about it!) and they have an innate curiosity about it.
My aim is to enable you to revolutionise the way that life science is taught, by teaching it through nature. The themes remain the same each year, but the child will build on the knowledge of the previous year, giving a solid and intricate knowledge of our world and the species present in it.
Garden Bird Flashcards :
A set of beautiful, vibrant garden bird cards featuring a colour photograph and the name of the garden bird. The set consists of 9 different bird flashcards with matching pair (18 cards in total); Blue tit, great tit, coal tit, long tailed tit, chaffinch, goldfinch, robin, collared dove and wood pigeon. Photography by Jo Foo Wildlife Photography.
The cards can be used in many ways, such as pairs, snap, matching, or take them outside and hunt for the item in nature.
The cards are printed on recycled card and come packaged in a 100% organic cotton bag, making this a plastic free product.
Spring Flowers Flashcards:
A set of beautiful spring flowers flashcards featuring a colour photograph and the name of the flower. The set consists of 9 different spring flower flashcards with matching pair (18 cards in total); daffodils, hyacinth, snow drops, tulips, crocus, grape hyacinth, forget-me-nots, bluebells and primrose.
The cards can be used in many ways, such as pairs, snap, matching, or take them outside and hunt for the item in nature. They're the perfect tool to get kids learning about nature.
The cards are printed on recycled card and come packaged in a 100% organic cotton bag, making this a plastic free product. Delivery is FREE within the UK!