I've been writing this curriculum for over a year and I'm so pleased with how it's turned out! I'm also getting some lovely feedback on it:
"It's amazing, it takes so much time out of the planning for next year! We do a lot of nature learning but this has so many new ideas." Sam Goldsworthy
"It's a really well thought out document, and delves deeper into a topic than I had ever thought to go. The wider opportunities sections are especially useful for our nature-mad son!" Lucy Brooke
Suitable for home educators and stay at home parents
Age range 3-6 years
At a glance:
- Autumn term lesson plans (7 lessons for the first half term and 6 for the second). The lessons are outlined in the photos above
- Links to the changing seasons
- Links to the new EYFS Development Matters framework for reception aged children (but suitable for younger ages too)
- Detailed plans you can simply pick up and teach from with no prior knowledge of science and nature
- A4 and fully matt laminated for use outside in the elements
- NOTE: The Leaf and British Wildlife Flashcards used with the curriculum can be purchased separately here
Each lesson plan includes:
- Learning aim
- Equipment list
- Lesson activities
- Links to the EYFS curriculum (for reception aged children, but suitable for younger ages)
- Wider opportunities
- Key words
This Science and Nature Curriculum aims to teach life science alongside nature. Any of us who have taught children can attest to their fascination in the natural world. They notice the smallest details that we may miss. They ask questions about nature that we don't know the answers to (because we were never taught about it!) and they have an innate curiosity about it.
My aim is to enable you to revolutionise the way that life science is taught, by teaching it through nature. The themes remain the same each year, but pupils will build on the knowledge of the previous year, giving a solid and intricate knowledge of our world and the species present in it.
Well thought out range of activities. I like the introduction to different books as well. Will be well used.